Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Walking and Great News from my Neurologist

"The natural instinct with pain is to nurture it, but with this, you have to work through it. Movement is key and if you keep it up you will likely be back to full functionality within a few months"

The news that has made my day! I am doing wonderfully, working at moving as much as I can and doing the prescribed exercises from PT. The movement hurt like anything to start, but with my diligence and listening to my doctors and therapists, I have gotten to a point where I am very near functional walking. The pain is still there and the stiffness in specifically my big toe and the flexing of my foot are still there, but they get slightly less each day. I do have a bad day every little while, but that is to be expected. I could really not ask for much more. All I can say is MOVE, MOVE, MOVE! I work to do a little job each day or every other day. Wiping down the floor, doing the dishes, doing the laundry, vacuuming, cleaning out the car, washing the car and more. Those little jobs in addition to trying to walk (with crutches) about a mile each day going to and from work have likely brought me to this ever increasing level of functionality. I do have to take things in moderation, so I do those activities incrementally, but I make it happen and you can too! If you do not move, things will hurt worse and worse and possibly spread. MOVE! Those giant trees did not grow instantly, it took time. With time, your condition WILL get better. Be of the 90 percent of CRPS afflicted folks with full or partial remission.


No comments:

Post a Comment