Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Having a really great week!

I have really made some leaps and bounds this week. Little progress is always wonderful. I started Physical Therapy a few weeks ago and have stayed diligent with keeping up on the suggestions for stretches and exercises in addition to massaging the area. However wrinkly my foot is, I have to be happy about the fact that it is the smoothest it has ever been! Beyond the benefit of smooth skin, I have been able to put on a pair of running shoes instead of wearing the orthopedic boot. The shoes are cloth on top, so they enable me to put my foot that varies in the amount of swelling. I can make walking motions and put light pressure on it. I look forward to making more and more progress towards possible remission! I was also able to partially stand in the shower instead of having to sit on the shower chair. These little steps are really helping me get places. My spirits are up this week as I am also pretty close to getting the book done that I started when my injury happened. The moral of my story is to stay diligent. I have worked my hardest to do what I have been prescribed as far as therapy and the information from the doctors. Please, please, PLEASE listen to all directions. They are your best hope at living at your best. The majority of CRPS cases actually do end up in remission at some point, things are not hopeless. I am hoping to be headed towards the path for I am doing everything I can to reach that goal.

I posted this a little while ago:

It was supposed to be the summer of Dave, SUMMER OF DAVE!


No comments:

Post a Comment