Friday, November 15, 2013

An overview of my treatment thus far

Follow the Road, regardless of how bad it may seem!

Do everything your therapist says. With mine they have me do the alphabet side to side with my foot, foot pumps, and circles 20 times both directions. Then I lift the heel up to lifting the toes up and that gets easier and easier each day!Then I massage it with different materials/textures. Smooth, rough and everything in between and then massage it with lotion. In addition to the NOI "Recognise" App that I mentioned in an earlier post. All of this is with Neurontin as my medication. The mantra that has gotten me through everything was given to me by my therapist "The pain is not real, your foot is fine, the pain is just bad signals." From there on out I move it realizing it is just bad signals, there is nothing wrong with my foot, ankle and leg. What you do with that then is work through it and the pain, even though initially bad, actually subsides a bit and you gain functionality and the pain gets less and less and less. Don't read too much on the net because it is all negative. More folks go into remission than not. Just work at it! That is all you can do, and live life! There is a woman on my page that got it almost full body and with the right treatment she is fully functional again. Do NOT let the Debbie Downers on the net get you down! By the way, I am not a doctor, I am just telling you about the treatment I have received as someone with a foot, ankle and lower leg afflicted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment