Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving/Start of Gift Shopping Week!

This week is a special week in regards to Thanksgiving, one of the most laid back holidays where you can watch the parade on TV, the dog show on TV and lots of football and movies along with gathering the family to have Turkey, Stuffing and all of that delicious food. Us in the Northeast United States are due to get a large snowstorm on Wednesday and that will definitely wreak havoc on our Thanksgiving plans, but we will see when that gets here. Hopefully you have a turkey, shopping, football or something else planned for this holiday.

I have to say that I am personally very thankful to have a wonderful fiancee, two wonderful bunnies, a wonderful set of two joined families, the beauty of life and the opportunity to experience life. My family came out for a visit this weekend to Pittsburgh and we saw the city's official Christmas kick off, Light Up Night, where the entire downtown area shuts down for a huge holiday celebration filled with lighting up all of the trees and displays, ice skating (I had to sit that one out lol) concerts, and FIREWORKS! They close off three of the main bridges, one of them shoots of fireworks and another has concerts and then serves as a great place to check out the fireworks. They shot them off of the bridge deck and then they had this wonderful waterfall style set of fireworks that streamed off of the side of the bridge, really a sight to see. We also visited the Carnegie Museums of Art and Natural History, checking out cool stuff, with my favorite being the impressionists Monet, Pissaro, Renoir and Van Gogh along with lots and lots of dino bones! Really a pretty fun weekend, plus my family wheeled me around, which I cannot thank them enough for. Think about what some of your favorite things that you are thankful for.

As far as with the condition, each day, following my prescribed stretching and strengthening exercises I have improved a bit each day. I had to splurge to get a pair of New Balance sneakers and boy have they made a difference. I saw a guy who fitted them to be perfect for my foot and I am getting closer and closer to natural movement. I cannot stress enough how important it is to move around and I wish I had gotten these shoes earlier in the recovery process because I would likely be even further along! I am set on the path to remission, are you? Are you among the 90 some percent of folks that have or eventually will go into remission? You can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment